||For Episode 76, the wonderful Miss Medicina (or Jess to Nib, who can’t pronounce Medicina) joins us! We talk healing, Cataclysm and, oddly enough Wiki Answers and D&D…
In addition to the awesome interview, we also spent time discussing, among other things, the upcoming access to the Auction House via the Armory and the whole “Ensidia gets world first.. No they don’t” affair.
UGT-Servers.com – UGT Servers! Ventrillo Servers for Your Guild!
– Continue reading Episode 76 — Fellow Google Blogger Bloggers –
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, Dristanel came up with a fantastic Secret Admirer idea! It sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to get to know some fellow bloggers!
Similar to Christmas’ Kris Kringle, interested bloggers can get in touch with her to be secretly paired with another blogger. Each participant then puts up a post on their own blog regarding the event and linking to the other bloggers. The purpose of this is two-fold: exposure for the community, and something the secret admirer can respond to. Said admirer then does so under an anonymous handle, adding poetry, flattery or other warm fuzzies, giving one subtle hint about their identity in each, for a total of three comments.
The first person to get back to Dristanel with a correct guess as to the identity of their admirer will win a small prize! At the end of the event, folks can make a new post with a final ‘open declaration of blog love’ for their assigned person, and of course links to the other posts if they so desire.
Sign ups run until Thursday (February 10th) and the event will take place over the weekend!
For more information and to sign up, you can get a hold of her at Blog Azeroth, at The Physician’s Log or via email at physicianslog at gmail dot com.
When you’re not playing WoW, what do you do? That was the theme of this week’s Shared Topic topic, suggested by Nim from Anhk = Life:
So after about a month of broken computer, it still can’t run WoW, which means I have to find other things to do to waste time. Which got me wondering how other people spend their WoW time when they can’t play WoW.
Eager to share their thoughts on time spent away from the game were:
Malfean from Raided M
Nim from Anhk = Life
Jen from Stories of WoW
Shawndra from Escapist Scrawl
Ophelie from The Bossy Pally and the Giant Spoon
The current week’s Shared Topic brings us right back into the game, and invites us to reveal a glimpse of our role playing side by posting a conversation with our character. Quite a few bloggers have stepped up to the challenge already and it’s bound to be an interesting week for Shared Topic posts!
Check out the Shared Topics forum at Blog Azeroth to join in on this or other Shared Topics!
||Join us as we chat with Miss Medicina from Miss Medicina.
Listen in our LIVE chat room and we’ll take questions (and hopefully answer them if we can).
- When is it?: This live show is scheduled for Friday February 5th at 8pm PST (11pm EST). Not sure what time that is for you? Use this handy-dandy time converter!
- Where do I go? To participate on the live show, you will need to go to the TNB Live Show page to connect with the stream. See, totally easy. If you are having issues then go to the Ustream page.
- Some general ground rules:
- Be nice. If you say very inappropriate things be aware you will be kicked from the room. We are doing this to have a great time, come with a beer, come during a raid, come how you wish, just don’t come to cause trouble.
- You may ask questions to the participants during the show, but we reserve the right to use them if and when we can. I will be monitoring the chat room and if I can I will use the comments during the show. We love that you are with us, but I will have to weave them in. Even if it isn’t asked, we all appreciate your questions
Outside of that, we will love to have you join us and partake in an enlightening discussion that is sure to follow! Hope to see you there!
||The Shared Topic going on last week was suggested by Skip Cocoa from More Bars Than You. Upon becoming a full fledged level 80 DPS feral druid, he began pondering the deep question : How do I stay alive? He then invited the rest of us to share our own tricks and tips on staying alive as melee DPS.
Death Knights, Feral Druids, Ret Paladins, Rogues, Enhancement Shaman and Fury/Arms Warriors, how do you keep your Melee DPS up and kicking for the entire fight? Gear, talents, tactics, etc. If you don’t, what frustrations of your class make it such a painful challenge, and what do you do to extend your up time or make it count?
Since this topic could potentially exclude a lot of bloggers, Shared Topic participants were encouraged to adapt it however they felt comfortable.
Sharing their melee DPS wisdom are:
Providing a slightly different perspective:
- Kae from Dreambound Druid contributes a message from your healers, encouraging you to follow the advice given by our melee DPS survival experts.
- Ophelie from The Bossy Pally and the Giant Spoon offers some tips on surviving the game when you fail to survive as a melee DPS.
- Thakarron from Track…Knowledge? suggests way hunters can help their melee counterparts survive. After all, raiding is a team sport!
After reflecting on our gameplay this week, next week’s Shared Topic will bring us outside the game. When we can’t (or don’t want to) play WoW, what do we do with our free time? Come and prove that WoW players do have rich lives outside of WoW by checking out the thread at Blog Azeroth and taking part in the Shared Topic! If you would prefer to join in on any other topic (or you just want to do them all), feel free to browse the Shared Topic forum whenever!
This was Ophelie, usurping this week’s Shared Topic writeup.