It’s time for another Blog Azeroth Shared Topic! This week, Jaedia from The Lazy Sniper suggested we take a stroll down memory lane and write about our experiences from back in the day, back when Wrath was young.
I have an idea for a blog post which is basically looking back to the beginning of Wrath. Memories of how I felt, what I did, things I discovered, things I now miss. I’m interested to see a few other responses however, what are your fondest memories from the beginning of this expansion?
Sharing their memories are
Next week’s Shared Topic will take us in the opposite direction! Looking forward, we’ll be speculating on what will happen in Azeroth after Arthas faces defeat. Should you like to join in on this week’s or next week’s (or any week’s, really) Shared Topic, head over the the Shared Topic forum on Blog Azeroth.
This was Ophelie, filling in once again for Saresa.
||We’re getting back into the swing of things. Please join us in our live chat room as we go down under and chat with Typhoon Andrew from Eye of the Storm.
Listen in our LIVE chat room and we’ll take questions (and hopefully answer them if we can).
- When is it?: This live show is scheduled for Friday January 15th at 8pm PST (11pm EST). Not sure what time that is for you? Use this handy-dandy time converter!
- Where do I go? To participate on the live show, you will need to go to the TNB Live Show page to connect with the stream. See, totally easy. If you are having issues then go to the Ustream page.
- Some general ground rules:
- Be nice. If you say very inappropriate things be aware you will be kicked from the room. We are doing this to have a great time, come with a beer, come during a raid, come how you wish, just don’t come to cause trouble.
- You may ask questions to the participants during the show, but we reserve the right to use them if and when we can. I will be monitoring the chat room and if I can I will use the comments during the show. We love that you are with us, but I will have to weave them in. Even if it isn’t asked, we all appreciate your questions
Outside of that, we will love to have you join us and partake in an enlightening discussion that is sure to follow! Hope to see you there!
Hi folks! Today, I’m going to spotlight an addon recently profiled by the always effervescent Nibuca, of Mystic Chicanery.
Elitist Group is an unfortunately named addon that gives you information about the members of your group. Specifically, it gives you a short summary of various character metrics, as well as lets you write yourself notes about people.
Here is an image (originally from Nibs’ site) showing a summary people in a group:
Note that there’s an easy to understand check or X beside various entries for each character. You can earn an X by doing things like mis-enchanting your gear or rocking your resilience set in a heroic.
While I am not a huge fan of automated character judgment, I find that there is some value in knowing what you are working with before you start. It may change your play-style.
That said, the fact that a group of 80s in holiday garb and pvp weapons would probably be able to (eventually) finish a heroic makes this addon’s automated assessments of slightly less value, however the ability to write yourself notes and rate your group-mates (without using up a precious friend slot) is the real killer feature:
This would automate something I think a lot of people do already- keeping a list of people so terrible (attitude, skill, whatever) you aren’t interested in playing with them, but not so terrible that you’re willing to add them to your ignore list. It would also add something I think we should all do- keep a list of awesome people.
The resource site spotlight (aka wiki tiki utility posts) should happen every week, but is written by Euripides from outdps.com and the Hunting Party Podcast, and endeavors to fill your favorites bar with an unmanageably large quantity of WOW resource sites. So much knowledge that it hurts. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.
|Can’t Believe it’s already 2010! A new year and TNB is still kicking. At the ripe old age of 72 episodes, the TNB team welcomes Ringo, and by proxy Beli, from Flinthammer Hall. We talk RP, Image editing, raiding.. Well, EVERYTHING! There is also news about WoW Radio closing up shop, ruckus about Gearscore and we read/answer a TON of listener emails.
UGT-Servers.com – UGT Servers! Ventrillo Servers for Your Guild!
– Continue reading Episode 72 — Dwarves in the Hall –
||After a holiday hiatus, the Shared Topics are back! Saresa is currently off touring the world, but the show must go on!
Some time ago, Anexxia from Bible of Dreams suggested we look back at our year in World of Warcraft to answer a few questions.
In the spirit of the annual RL year in review meme I have completed for the better part of this decade, I created one for Warcraft that I thought would be a good potential shared topic.
My Warcraft Year in Review Meme
Instructions: Please leave a link to your meme post in the comments at (http://www.furlinedteacup.com/bibleofdr … -meme.html). Please tag 5 other folks to complete the meme and copy these instructions and the questions into your blog with your answers.
- What did you do in the World of Warcraft in 2009 that you’d never done before?
- What was your favorite new place that you visited?
- What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- What was your biggest failure?
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
- What was your favorite WoW blog or podcast?
- Tell us a valuable WoW lesson you learned in 2009.
The topic ended up being quite popular! Included here are all the links that were posted in response to the topic on Blog Azeroth plus a few others I came across. I did my best to be inclusive, but I’m sure I missed a few. If you participated in the topic or know of some who did and who isn’t listed here, feel free to add the link in the comments.
Check back next week for a shared topic on Looking Back on Wrath.
If you would like to to participate in the Shared Topic, or post a new one, please visit the Blog Azeroth Forums!
This was Ophelie, filling in for Saresa.