||We welcome Rilandune and, true to his blog’s name, the show was pretty Heroically Random! We were all over the map, but in a good way. We also have a TON of discussion on the changes recently announced to Cataclysm along with a few Twittercast posts. Oh yeah, and we announce the winner of our Queue Buster Haiku Contest along with an AWESOME surprise! Brigwyn from Brigwyn’s Corner also donated an Authenticator which we gave away to a lucky live audience member! It’s a show you just don’t want to miss.
UGT-Servers.com – UGT Servers! Ventrillo Servers for Your Guild!
– Continue reading Episode 92 — That’s what Ril said –
It’s that time of expansion! Where you don’t want to do anything more exciting than running circles around Dalaran until the next addition to the game is released. Yet some of us still manage to find the motivation to go on, and keep our interest in the game. Want to know our secrets? Check out all the responses to Jaedia from The Lazy Sniper’s Shared Topic suggestion!
With Cataclysm only months away (we can assume), a lot of players are finding themselves bored with current content. How do you, your friends, and/or your guild conquer the pre-expansion slump?
Manroth from At Runtime
Variantavatar from Variant Avatar
Ardol from WoW Philosophized
Ringo Flinthammer from Flinthammer Hall
Herculano from Herc the Merc
Ecclesiaticaldiscipline from Ecclesiastical Discipline
Anslym from Totem Tossing
Ophelie from The Bossy Pally and the Giant Spoon
Evensong from Healing Through Stupid
Sindei from Six-Inch Heals
Gweninu from Out of Ammo
Windsoar from Jaded Alt
Anexxia from Bible of Dreams
Nesithan from Life After
Angelya from Revive and Rejuvenate
Calsong from Mind Spike
Just as a reminder to everyone taking part in Shared Topics, make sure you link back to either the topic suggester or the relevant thread at Blog Azeroth or both in your Shared Topic posts. (I used this week’s links as an example.) Shared Topics are shared, so spread the love to your fellow participating bloggers!
And if you’re reading this and saying “I have a blog but I’ve never done a Shared Topic…”, then you should do a Shared Topic! This week we’re staying in the Cataclysmish department as we discuss what needs to die in a fire in the expansion. Join in by posting about it and reporting back to the thread on Blog Azeroth. If you don’t have a blog but would still like to say a few things about it, feel free to answer in a comment to this post, to next week’s Shared Topic roundup or to the post of your favorite participating bloggers.
What other topics are coming up? Check out:
When should a healer let someone die?
So, we announced this on our show on 6/15 but wanted to let everyone know who the winner was and also post up the entries that we got. We have a surprise though! We actually have 2 winners. We have one “official” winner and also one Special Award winner.
We are pleased to announce that Hurculano from Herc the Merc is our winner. He won with the following Haiku:
The Twisted Nether
More than just a great podcast
It is family
Thanks so much for this great poem. It was a difficult decision, but in the end we went for this one. For more discussion about the contest and the winner, check out Episode 92 (when it is posted).
We also announced that Krizzlybear from Frost is the New Black is freaking NUTS! His entry for the contest was.. in a word.. epic. He submitted 36 Haiku’s! One was an intro to his masterpiece. Then 34 poems, one for each of the first 34 episodes of TNB. Finally, a conclusion haiku to round it all out. That and a promise of the rest of the episodes as Haiku’s if he won.. Well, he didn’t .. Kinda. Hydra wanted to make sure all his hard work was rewarded anyway and decided to give Kriz the ability to buy a Blizzcon ticket from her also (yes, she had another to put up).
I’ll post Krizz’ symphony of syllables in a later post, but I’ll include all the other haikus we received after the break.. Thanks to everyone that participated! It was lots of fun!
– Continue reading Queue Buster: Haiku Contest WINNER(s)! –
||It’s astounding! Time is fleeting! Madness takes it’s toll! This week we welcome Krizzlybear from Frost is the New Black and we’re doing the time warp. Krizz was on a Round Table BEFORE being on the show as a guest (contrary to the usual circle of life!). So, now he’s here and he pontificates wildly about the beauties of the upcoming Timewarp Spell that mages are getting. Join us and the Mage of Frost as we talk not only about mages but also about a couple of contests (including our own) and the usual array of news. views and voices! So, listen closely.. (For quite a while longer).. I’ve got to keep control!
UGT-Servers.com – UGT Servers! Ventrillo Servers for Your Guild!
– Continue reading Episode 91 — Frost is the New Time Warp –
Did you wear down your finger hitting the F5 key (or whatever refresh is on the Mac) for the 2 days (aka 10 minutes) that Blizzard had Blizzcon 2010 tickets on sale? For all that hard work were you rewarded with “You are 10,523 in the queue” and get that sinking feeling that you weren’t going to be able to go to Blizzcon after all? Well, we here at TNB feel your pain and, in conjunction with Hydra from Almost Evil have concocted a scheme (or something like that) to give YOU a chance to WIN your way to the front of the dreaded Queue! (Well, virtually anyway.. TNB has no control over Blizzard Store queues..)
That’s right! It’s our Queue Buster Haiku Contest! One lucky winner will be able to purchase a ticket at face value (+ paypal fees) from Hydra (the wonderful purveyor of all things just this side of Evil)! “How do I win?”, I hear you ask… Well, here are he rules:
- Submit an ORIGINAL Haiku about everyone’s favorite WoW Podcast, Twisted Nether! (Yes, even if it isn’t your favorite, them’s the rules!)
- Haikus should be emailed to info at twistednether.net with the subject “Queue Buster” (please include the space there.. I’m creating an email filter) no later than 8pm EDT on June 14, 2010.
- Reminder, a Haiku is a poem that has a specific syllable structure. 3 Lines, 5 Syllables on first line, 7 on second, 5 on third. Poems that do not conform to this specification will be deemed invalid!
- The winning poem will be chosen for creativity, originality and just plain awesomeness by our esteemed panel of Fimlys and Nibuca with guidance and insight from Hydra and will be announced LIVE on our June 15, 2010 show [at the beginning of the show, I think, so people can go to sleep if they need to ]
- The winner MUST contact Hydra by June 17th (8pm EDT) and be ready, willing and able to pay $156 ($6 covers paypal charges) via Paypal at that time. (Winner will be sent an email with all the information, so make sure you aren’t putting Fimlys at gmail.com emails into the spam folder..)
- If the winner does not contact Hydra by said date/time, we will make arrangements with a runner up to enable them to purchase the ticket instead.
- All submissions become property of the Twisted Nether Blogcast and may be used as we see fit. The individual writers of the Haikus may also post/distribute their works if they’d like.
Obviously, if you win this ticket you HAVE to show up to our Meetup.. (well, we’d really like you to.. We’ll read it out loud at the party!)
REMEMBER.. THIS IS NOT A FREE TICKET.. YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE TICKET IF YOU WIN!
We want to, again, thank Hydra for being the most awesomest and giving us this opportunity!
Ok, I think we’ve gone over everything.. Remember, you don’t have very long, so start getting those Haikus into our grimy little hands and we look forward to seeing you at BLIZZCON 2010!
— Oh… Don’t forget to spread the word! The more Haikus we get, the more awesomer the contest will be! —