Did you wear down your finger hitting the F5 key (or whatever refresh is on the Mac) for the 2 days (aka 10 minutes) that Blizzard had Blizzcon 2010 tickets on sale? For all that hard work were you rewarded with “You are 10,523 in the queue” and get that sinking feeling that you weren’t going to be able to go to Blizzcon after all? Well, we here at TNB feel your pain and, in conjunction with Hydra from Almost Evil have concocted a scheme (or something like that) to give YOU a chance to WIN your way to the front of the dreaded Queue! (Well, virtually anyway.. TNB has no control over Blizzard Store queues..)
That’s right! It’s our Queue Buster Haiku Contest! One lucky winner will be able to purchase a ticket at face value (+ paypal fees) from Hydra (the wonderful purveyor of all things just this side of Evil)! “How do I win?”, I hear you ask… Well, here are he rules:
- Submit an ORIGINAL Haiku about everyone’s favorite WoW Podcast, Twisted Nether! (Yes, even if it isn’t your favorite, them’s the rules!)
- Haikus should be emailed to info at twistednether.net with the subject “Queue Buster” (please include the space there.. I’m creating an email filter) no later than 8pm EDT on June 14, 2010.
- Reminder, a Haiku is a poem that has a specific syllable structure. 3 Lines, 5 Syllables on first line, 7 on second, 5 on third. Poems that do not conform to this specification will be deemed invalid!
- The winning poem will be chosen for creativity, originality and just plain awesomeness by our esteemed panel of Fimlys and Nibuca with guidance and insight from Hydra and will be announced LIVE on our June 15, 2010 show [at the beginning of the show, I think, so people can go to sleep if they need to ]
- The winner MUST contact Hydra by June 17th (8pm EDT) and be ready, willing and able to pay $156 ($6 covers paypal charges) via Paypal at that time. (Winner will be sent an email with all the information, so make sure you aren’t putting Fimlys at gmail.com emails into the spam folder..)
- If the winner does not contact Hydra by said date/time, we will make arrangements with a runner up to enable them to purchase the ticket instead.
- All submissions become property of the Twisted Nether Blogcast and may be used as we see fit. The individual writers of the Haikus may also post/distribute their works if they’d like.
Obviously, if you win this ticket you HAVE to show up to our Meetup.. (well, we’d really like you to.. We’ll read it out loud at the party!)
REMEMBER.. THIS IS NOT A FREE TICKET.. YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE TICKET IF YOU WIN!
We want to, again, thank Hydra for being the most awesomest and giving us this opportunity!
Ok, I think we’ve gone over everything.. Remember, you don’t have very long, so start getting those Haikus into our grimy little hands and we look forward to seeing you at BLIZZCON 2010!
— Oh… Don’t forget to spread the word! The more Haikus we get, the more awesomer the contest will be! —