||Thursday! LIVE! TNB! Be there! Or else! (I’m not sure "or else what".. but OR ELSE!!) This Twisted Nether Blogcast will be recorded live and you can participate! Join us as we talk with Dezdemone of Will Tank For Healz. We’ll chat about Tankering and Bloggering and all that other Stuffs. Come have a blast with us in our Live Chat!
- When is it?: The show is scheduled for Thursday, May 14th at 12:30 am EST (yes I know that technically makes its Friday, May 15th) Not sure what time that is for you? Use this handy-dandy time converter!
- Where do I go? To participate on the live show, you will need to go to the TNB Live Show page to connect with the stream. See, totally easy. If you are having issues then go to the Ustream page.
- Some general ground rules:
- Be nice. If you say very inappropriate things be aware you will be kicked from the room. We are doing this to have a great time, come with a beer, come during a raid, come how you wish, just don’t come to cause trouble.
- You may ask questions to the participants during the show, but we reserve the right to use them if and when we can. I will be monitoring the chat room and if I can I will use the comments during the show. We love that you are with us, but I will have to weave them in. Even if it isn’t asked, we all appreciate your questions
Outside of that, we will love to have you join us and partake in an enlightening discussion that is sure to follow! Hope to see you there!
Twisted Nether Blogcast is having a TShirt design contest!
Whereas Fim and Nibs are resolved to attend Blizzcon and wherefore it is found that they would prefer to not go naked, it is therefore resolved that there shall be TNB tshirts of immense beauty and identifiability! This TShirt having both an image and a saying in holding with the theme of the TNB.
All Submissions will be property of the Twisted Nether Blogcast, but.. We will give credit to the author, so make sure you give us your info including blog/website if you have one
No copyrighted material. This probably means ingame art too (although we’ll take submissions, they probably won’t win 🙁 )
Prizes will be awarded in a purely subjective manner by Nibuca, Fimlys and possibly Bre..
1st: 60 day WoW card [and your’s will be the art we use for our blizzcon shirts that we will wear there],
2nd and 3rd: Chioce of loot cards that Fim happens to have lying around.. (slashdance, footsteps of illidan, pet biscuit)
Please get the word out about the contest! We want lots of submissions.
We’ll probably pick more than the winner to set up as shirts you can pick up from the shirt store!
Please.. don’t let Nib draw more stick figures. It won’t be pretty.
UPDATE: We have a deadline. Please have your submission (or an email indicating your intent on submitting) in to us no later than July 1st. We need time to judge and get the shirts made prior to Blizzcon.. Thank you!
OH YEAH, specifics. Thanks to Boize for reminding me that you know.. people like details.
- Please save your submission image as a .gif, .png or .jpg.
- We’d prefer if the image was <2MB.
- We’d prefer the “picture” only so that we can use it with several messages.
- Because we will be printing this in a large size we may end up asking for a higher resolution image.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “[TSHIRT CONTEST]”. You may either attach your images directly or include URLs to the images in the email.
If you have any questions or need further clarification please contact us at email@example.com.
Just a quick clarification: A post entitled ‘bloggitty bloggity snark’ which accidentally appeared on these pages was not intended for publishing here. Please, PLEASE do not be confused and think that that post is at all relevant to TNB, as it is not (it’s more a matter of me being a dork and clicking the wrong blog to publish to). If it appears in your reader, I apologise for any inconvenience. The post has since been deleted. That post most definitely was not ‘allowed’ by Fim and Nib!
Again, apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Yours in all things noob, Saresa.
||Join us as we chat with Brigwyn from The Hunting Lodge about Child Play.. and what it’s like to be a Phoenix.
— Continue reading Episode 43 — Burning Your Brigs —
A wise man once told me, the journey is as important as the destination, if not moreso. Well, it may have not been a wise man, but the advice still stands. Everyone, including your level 80 raiding toon decked out in the phattest of lewtz and your Warlord-title-sporting spike-covered undead rogue, started out the same place as the rest of us: level 1, wearing the wrong type of armor and holding a cruddy weapon. (Unless you’re a death knight…)
The road from 1 to 80 is a long one, and a lot of fond memories can come from that trip from the vanilla WoW lands all the way to the Lich King’s front door. But how best to chronicle it? Some of us start blogs, but if you want to specifically focus on your path, one unique way to do so is with this week’s Wiki Tiki Utility, Path of a Hero!
Path of a Hero is, at first blush, sort of like a blog. You have a journal in which you can keep entries (one is displayed at a time), you can add pictures, and so on. But PotH’s selling point is the timeline. When you make an entry in your journal, you also upload a shot of your character from the login screen. Path of a Hero then adds a snapshot of your armory stats, your Be Imba! gear score, and then arranges all of that into a timeline. The timeline is at the top of every character’s Path of a Hero page, and allows you to use a slider to view your progress from level 1 scrub to level 80 hardcore whatever-you-are. For some examples of good timelines, check out these Paths by Ryomou of The Scryers, Stoneybaby of Muradin, and Gloroth of Khaz’goroth.
If you’re searching for a way to better express your character’s journey and growth, maybe it’s time to take a look at Path of a Hero.
Mondays are Wiki Tiki Utility days here at TNB! Stop from The Stoppable Force highlights a resource from the Twisted Nether Wiki’s Big List of WoW Utilities, hopefully giving you a nice boost to your Intellect – or at least your skill at World of Warcraft. If you’ve got a utility you’d like to see listed on the wiki, or one you’d like to nominate for the Wiki Tiki Utility post, please send an email to stop AT twistednether DOT netwith the subject “Wiki Tiki Utility”!