Welcome to Lissanna of Restokin!
Lissanna has taken the blog world by storm. If you’ve done research about Restro droos or Boomkeks in the last three months (or even Ferlols!), odds are you’ve stumbled upon Lissanna’s site. Updated constantly, always informative, fresh and well-done, she’s a powerhouse of Druid information. Not only that, but she recently gained her own epic real life achievement of a Masters! She’s a student of developmental psychology, with a focus on brain development, and will also be going for the legendary achievement of Ph.D. Best of luck to her in those endeavors, and more power to her!
She’s been playing WoW for a while, since Druids used to be only healers, in fact, and has been through it all as a boom or tree, with some levelling of a personal feral and a conveniently feral boyfriend (his character, kids, get your minds out of the gutter!). She seems strickly Druid, a rarity in this day and age where everyone and their dog has eighty five alts and six still levelling.
This Druid blogger has a little something for everyone on her site. She’s written up a great piece on how to heal in 3.1, has a good levelling compendium for the baby Druid, and expresses her concern over Druid PvP survivability. When she’s not talking about Druids, however, there are great pieces that explore WoW’s community and how it’s not just a game, but something much more.
Welcome to the blogosphere, Lissanna!
Around Friday every week, Bellwether from 4 Haelz is bringing you the Welcome Wagon, introducing new bloggers and great reads. If you know of a new blog to the scene or wish to get your name out there, please send an e-mail to 4haelz AT gmail DOT com with the subject line “Welcome Wagon.” She’ll do her best to highlight as many as possible!
||Thursday! LIVE! TNB! Be there! Or else! (I’m not sure "or else what".. but OR ELSE!!) This Twisted Nether Blogcast will be recorded live and you can participate! Join us as we talk with Dezdemone of Will Tank For Healz. We’ll chat about Tankering and Bloggering and all that other Stuffs. Come have a blast with us in our Live Chat!
- When is it?: The show is scheduled for Thursday, May 14th at 12:30 am EST (yes I know that technically makes its Friday, May 15th) Not sure what time that is for you? Use this handy-dandy time converter!
- Where do I go? To participate on the live show, you will need to go to the TNB Live Show page to connect with the stream. See, totally easy. If you are having issues then go to the Ustream page.
- Some general ground rules:
- Be nice. If you say very inappropriate things be aware you will be kicked from the room. We are doing this to have a great time, come with a beer, come during a raid, come how you wish, just don’t come to cause trouble.
- You may ask questions to the participants during the show, but we reserve the right to use them if and when we can. I will be monitoring the chat room and if I can I will use the comments during the show. We love that you are with us, but I will have to weave them in. Even if it isn’t asked, we all appreciate your questions
Outside of that, we will love to have you join us and partake in an enlightening discussion that is sure to follow! Hope to see you there!
Twisted Nether Blogcast is having a TShirt design contest!
Whereas Fim and Nibs are resolved to attend Blizzcon and wherefore it is found that they would prefer to not go naked, it is therefore resolved that there shall be TNB tshirts of immense beauty and identifiability! This TShirt having both an image and a saying in holding with the theme of the TNB.
All Submissions will be property of the Twisted Nether Blogcast, but.. We will give credit to the author, so make sure you give us your info including blog/website if you have one
No copyrighted material. This probably means ingame art too (although we’ll take submissions, they probably won’t win )
Prizes will be awarded in a purely subjective manner by Nibuca, Fimlys and possibly Bre..
1st: 60 day WoW card [and your's will be the art we use for our blizzcon shirts that we will wear there],
2nd and 3rd: Chioce of loot cards that Fim happens to have lying around.. (slashdance, footsteps of illidan, pet biscuit)
Please get the word out about the contest! We want lots of submissions.
We’ll probably pick more than the winner to set up as shirts you can pick up from the shirt store!
Please.. don’t let Nib draw more stick figures. It won’t be pretty.
UPDATE: We have a deadline. Please have your submission (or an email indicating your intent on submitting) in to us no later than July 1st. We need time to judge and get the shirts made prior to Blizzcon.. Thank you!
OH YEAH, specifics. Thanks to Boize for reminding me that you know.. people like details.
- Please save your submission image as a .gif, .png or .jpg.
- We’d prefer if the image was <2MB.
- We’d prefer the “picture” only so that we can use it with several messages.
- Because we will be printing this in a large size we may end up asking for a higher resolution image.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “[TSHIRT CONTEST]“. You may either attach your images directly or include URLs to the images in the email.
If you have any questions or need further clarification please contact us at email@example.com.
Just a quick clarification: A post entitled ‘bloggitty bloggity snark’ which accidentally appeared on these pages was not intended for publishing here. Please, PLEASE do not be confused and think that that post is at all relevant to TNB, as it is not (it’s more a matter of me being a dork and clicking the wrong blog to publish to). If it appears in your reader, I apologise for any inconvenience. The post has since been deleted. That post most definitely was not ‘allowed’ by Fim and Nib!
Again, apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Yours in all things noob, Saresa.
||Join us as we chat with Brigwyn from The Hunting Lodge about Child Play.. and what it’s like to be a Phoenix.
– Continue reading Episode 43 — Burning Your Brigs –