This week, Veneretio from TankingTips.com has posed an intriguing problem for the bloggers of Blog Azeroth to puzzle over
It’s no secret that there’s going to be a legendary healing mace in Ulduar. The challenge for this topic is: How would you determine who gets this item? Be sure to indicate what loot system your guild currently uses in raids to distribute items as I think it’ll be particularly interesting to see how many people believe epics should be looted one way and legendaries another.
Several bloggers this week have heeded the call, with the following bloggers posting entries
Lissanna at Restokin
“*starts singing* These purples do me no F*ing good, nothing like an orange legendary would. I smell a g-kick! I’m your basic druid looking for a guild… 55 purples good with any build!”
Belghast at Tales of the Aggronaut
Honestly the issue of deciding who is going to get the Fragment of Val’anyr is something that somewhat “snuck up” on us and is fixing to “bite us in the butt”. We stand on the precipice of our first Ulduar raid tonight, and the issue is still very much under discussion. I feel confident that the officers will hash out something throughout the day and make our professional-esc decision before we start the invites tonight.
Garen and Andrea at Altoholics R Us
Generally you’d think that any lootable item would simply fall into your guild’s current loot system. However, this is not always true. Every now and again special circumstances are considered in a situation
Trustyn at The Elitists
There is a bit of a talk going around about the weapon of legendary proportions. A legendary healing mace is now possible through getting 30 fragments and doing a nice and long quest chain. As a fan of loot council I would start off with a much theorycrafting as possible.
There has also been some parallel discussion going on about which classes the weapon would be best suited for, with entries posted at Restokin and Nerf This Druid.
Got a great idea for a Shared Topic? Have something of your own to contribute? Head on over to the Blog Azeroth Forums, and have a look at the fantastic range of topics under discussion!
||Join us, and some very special guests, LIVE for a Heptagonal (7-sided) table discussion about Life the Universe and patch 3.1. This Twisted Nether Blogcast will be recorded live and you can participate! Join us as we talk with Hydrargyrum of Almost Evil, Runyarusco of Unbearably Hot, Maerdred of Tree Bound Cat, Lassirra of The Hunter’s Mark, and Anna of Too Many Annas along with Nibuca and Fimlys for a rousing review of the highs and lows that are 3.1.
- When is it?: The show is scheduled for Thursday, April 30th at 12:30 am EST (yes I know that technically makes its Friday, May 1st) Not sure what time that is for you? Use this handy-dandy time converter!
- Where do I go? WE’RE TRYING SOMETHING NEW!!! DON’T PANIC!!! To participate on the live show, you will need to go to the TNB Live Show page to connect with the stream. See, totally easy.
- Some general ground rules:
- Be nice. If you say very inappropriate things be aware you will be kicked from the room. We are doing this to have a great time, come with a beer, come during a raid, come how you wish, just don’t come to cause trouble.
- You may ask questions to the participants during the show, but we reserve the right to use them if and when we can. I will be monitoring the chat room and if I can I will use the comments during the show. We love that you are with us, but I will have to weave them in. Even if it isn’t asked, we all appreciate your questions
Outside of that, we will love to have you join us and partake in an enlightening discussion that is sure to follow! Hope to see you there!
||Put your thinking caps on. This week we’re talking with Graylo of Gray Matter.. and mathifying and theorycrafting.
– Continue reading Episode 41 — Shades of Graylo –
With patch 3.1′s new fishing dailies giving adventurer-fishers everywhere a shot at bags of fishing treasures (some valuable, some useful, some both), there’s never been a better time for WoW characters to put down that polearm and pick up that pole… fishing pole, that is. “But Stop,” I can hear some of you saying, “I don’t have a dagblasted clue how to fish!” Well, the inaugural edition of TNB’s newest feature, the Wiki Tiki Utility, is here to help – by pointing you to El’s Extreme Anglin’, your one-stop learn-to-fish shop!
El is a very crafty gnome – she’s your hook-up for all the basics, from how to get started with fishing to skill-training hotspots. Learn what the most stylin’ fishers are wearing this season, and find out what kind of achievements you can reel in! You can even toss a line out to your fellow anglers-in-training or more advanced fisherfolk at El’s Extreme Anglin’s forums.
Written in an easy-to-understand (and in-character!) style, El’s Extreme Anglin’ is a fantastic utility site for any WoW player looking to get started with the relaxing art of fishing. Crack open a metaphorical cold one, grab that trusty fishing pole, and go catch yourself a whopper – with help from El and her amazing pool of fishing know-how.
Wonder if I can fish up any more puns…
Mondays are Wiki Tiki Utility days here at TNB! Stop from The Stoppable Force highlights a resource from the Twisted Nether Wiki’s Big List of WoW Utilities, hopefully giving you a nice boost to your Intellect – or at least your skill at World of Warcraft. If you’ve got a utility you’d like to see listed on the wiki, or one you’d like to nominate for the Wiki Tiki Utility post, please send an email to stop AT twistednether DOT net with the subject “Wiki Tiki Utility”!
Unfortunately, the lazy so and so who organises the Shared Topic went on hiatus last week, so there was no Shared Topic post here, nor was there a topic scheduled for this week. Apologies, folks! However, last week’s topic was a intriguing one to make up for that, and it will be stretching out over 2 weeks. Theawakening from A Mage’s Guide To Life asks us to consider what class we would be in real life. Perhaps even a certain spec!
Theawakening, of course, would be a mage. I’ll admit I found this a tad perplexing myself at first, so here are just a couple of the reasons he gave why
- Teleport to wherever you want. Want to sip on tea in England and by night be watching bull fights in Spain? Easy. Imagine being a business person! Expand your company, with ease.
- Conjuring your own food. When hungry, make yourself a little snack, right out of thin air. Also, through this ability, one might read a god status among men by conjuring food before impoverished countries.
Other bloggers who had a very different view of the topic include
T-Sonn at Melted Faces
Athryn from Athryn’s Tier
Ruby at Rubymelon
As always, if there is something you think would make a really great discussion point, go on over to the Blog Azeroth forum and share it. Authors are encouraged to share their own views on the matter!