Hi folks! Today I discovered a very interesting site called Charpool (site, tour, wiki entry). Basically, it’s used to keep and share a timeline of your character. You can sign in with many existing accounts you might have (such as OpenID), or you can create an account there. Once you’re logged in, you can claim a character, and then start playing with it. Most people use it to track achievements, notable screenshots, and leveling, as well as keep a journal and keep track of their friends and guild. An example of a typical page is the site creator’s character page.
One of the niftier features is its ability to hear your tweets if you tag them appropriately. You have to tell it what your account is, and then tag any tweets you want it to listen to with #wow and #1. They will appear in your timeline automatically. You can also create a note (like a blog post) and upload photos (screenshots, etc).
Tune in next week!
The resource site spotlight (aka wiki tiki utility posts) should happen every week, is written by Euripides from outdps.com, and endeavors to fill your favorites bar with an unmanageably large quantity of WOW resource sites. So much knowledge that it hurts. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.
This week at Blog Azeroth we get all political! Euripides of OutDPS muses upon the following point
The US hunting and gun lobby is quite powerful. The US Fish and Wildlife Service says 12.5 million people hunted (in real life) in the US in 2006. The number of WOW players has reached 11 million globally, over half of them US based.
Here’s my idea for a shared topic: How would our lives change if a lobby representing the interests of US WOW players had as much clout per capita as the hunting (and long gun) lobby?
Would President Obama have photo-ops with him rolling a Paladin? Raiding Naxx? Would politicians have to try to balance their message so they attract people who are partial to both Horde and Alliance?
Rising to the challenge is MomentEye from NoobSaysWoW, with a highly entertaining look at the possible strengths (and weakness!) of the WoW player base in the political scene. I take a more… Warlocky view of the situation at Destructive Reach.
What do you think? Could WoW players really influence global affairs? Have your say by linking your post on the Blog Azeroth Forums, or suggest your own Shared Topic!
|Another Twisted Nether Blogcast "blogger" Roundtable. This week we actually have a self-professed non-blogger, but he is a prolific podcaster! I suppose that is just a voice blog, right? We welcome Patrick Beja from How I WoW, French Spin, etc, Big Bear Butt Blogger from the Big Bear Butt Blog, Larisa from the Pink Pigtail Inn and Breana former co-host of TNB and also formerly of Gun Loving Dwarf Chick. We talk about 3.2 stuff and class balance issues and a bunch of other topics. Don’t Miss it!
CHECK OUT OUR SPONSOR: Buff’D – Player Powered WoW News (Contest Info)
– Continue reading Episode 51 — The Pugs of Change (Round Table) –
We are very pleased to announce we have winners for out T-Shirt contest.
1st: The Brothers Grinn
2nd: Belghast of Tales of the Aggronaut
3rd: Boize the Druid of Moonglade: We bring the boom
Thank you to everyone that submitted an entry! If you still want to do artwork for us, you are always welcome. Got a great idea for a tshirt design? For just some cool art we could use on the site or on a mug or somthing? Submit it.. Nothing says we won’t find some cool swag to send you
UPDATE: TShirts are now available at our T-Shirt Store!
||We’ll be back to our regular time/night this week (just in time for vacations over the next few weeks). Join us Thursday evening at 9:30PM PST as we talk with Brajana of Mend Pet. Join the fun in our live chat room!
- When is it?: This live show is scheduled for Thursday July 9th at 9:30pm PST (12:30 am EST). Not sure what time that is for you? Use this handy-dandy time converter!
- Where do I go? To participate on the live show, you will need to go to the TNB Live Show page to connect with the stream. See, totally easy. If you are having issues then go to the Ustream page.
- Some general ground rules:
- Be nice. If you say very inappropriate things be aware you will be kicked from the room. We are doing this to have a great time, come with a beer, come during a raid, come how you wish, just don’t come to cause trouble.
- You may ask questions to the participants during the show, but we reserve the right to use them if and when we can. I will be monitoring the chat room and if I can I will use the comments during the show. We love that you are with us, but I will have to weave them in. Even if it isn’t asked, we all appreciate your questions
Outside of that, we will love to have you join us and partake in an enlightening discussion that is sure to follow! Hope to see you there!