Good news everyone!
Due to popular demand TNB will be changing our recording night and time! We’re changing our “regular”** recording nights to Fridays at 7:30 PM PST (yes, that’s also earlier for all you east coaster). Additionally, we’re going to be doing the whole show live***.
Hope to see you there!
** TNB reserves the right to occasionally have different night/time as our schedule and our guest’s schedules dictate.
*** TNB further reserves the right to interview “live”, “dead” or “undead” as the mood strikes us. Just sayin’
With Faction Changes live surprisingly early, this Shared Topic happened to be timed just about perfectly. This topic was suggested some time ago by Nigiri of Adventures of a Priest.
After publicly stating a while ago that they would not do this, Bliz has announced in their forums they are working on Faction change mechanic for players who want to switch. Here is a link to the European WoW forums with some Q&A by a Blue.
This topic is a mine field. People who are against it seem to be very against it and people who are for it seem, for the most part, quiet on the subject. It would be interesting to read something longer than a short forum post with some well thought out discussion.
Answering with a wide variety of opinions are this week’s bloggers
Shopshopshop of Runeforge Gossip
Rubymelon of Rubymelon
Kel of Awakening in Progress
Phoenix of Azeroth Metblogs
Dertt of A Tranquil Spirit
Natarumah of Twisted Faith
Snakedriver of Bible of Dreams
Boize of Moonglade
Almaster of Lux Legis
Would you consider changing factions? What would it mean to you to do so? If you have any ideas on this week’s Shared Topic, or have one to suggest of your own, make sure you head on over to the Blog Azeroth Forums!
Oh my goodness, this is cool! Some frood named Fitzcairn coded an awesome site called macroexplain.com that allows you to paste a macro into it, and then it explains what it does, line by line! Here’s an example of the site at it’s finest: a link to its explanation of a hunter misdirect macro I use. I can add a title, a class, tags, comments, and attribute it to an author if I want.
The tool is dead easy to use. One warning- it doesn’t speak LUA (the wow scripting language) so if you tell it to explain a complex script you use to, say, mail all your greens to another character, it’s explanation will run something along the lines of “Run LUA” and then the code after the “/run” command. Still, for those complex non-LUA macros, this is a godsend. No more trying to parse the code in your head and remember how conditionals work (wait, will holding shift while pressing this macro shoot or feign death?).
On behalf of the internet, thank you Fitzcairn. Thank you.
The resource site spotlight (aka wiki tiki utility posts) should happen every week, but is written by Euripides from outdps.com, and endeavors to fill your favorites bar with an unmanageably large quantity of WOW resource sites. So much knowledge that it hurts. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.
Join us Thursday evening at 9:30PM PST as we are joined by Greyseer from LoreCrafted, Netherbane, and Hearthstone tavern (@greyseer) as we chat about Blizzcon (some more.. come on you knew 3 hours wouldn’t be enough), lore and more!
Listen in our LIVE chat room and we’ll take questions (and hopefully answer them if we can).
- When is it?: This live show is scheduled for Thursday September 3rd at 9:30pm PST (12:30 am EST). Not sure what time that is for you? Use this handy-dandy time converter!
- Where do I go? To participate on the live show, you will need to go to the TNB Live Show page to connect with the stream. See, totally easy. If you are having issues then go to the Ustream page.
- Some general ground rules:
- Be nice. If you say very inappropriate things be aware you will be kicked from the room. We are doing this to have a great time, come with a beer, come during a raid, come how you wish, just don’t come to cause trouble.
- You may ask questions to the participants during the show, but we reserve the right to use them if and when we can. I will be monitoring the chat room and if I can I will use the comments during the show. We love that you are with us, but I will have to weave them in. Even if it isn’t asked, we all appreciate your questions
Outside of that, we will love to have you join us and partake in an enlightening discussion that is sure to follow! Hope to see you there!
Catch up with our spoilerific Round table. Fim and Nib are joined by Brajana from Mend Pet, Brigwyn from WoW.Com and The Hunting Lodge and Hydrargyrum from Almost Evil in a fascinating look into Blizzcon and the news of Cataclysm.
SPONSORED BY: Buff’D – Player Powered WoW News
UGT-Servers.com – UGT Servers! Ventrillo Servers for Your Guild!
– Continue reading Episode 56 — A 3 Hour Tour: Blizzcon ’09 –